The call of this meeting was to select members of departmental committee as each department exercises a large measure of autonomy for its program under policies established for the Institute as a whole. Under the general responsibility of the department head, each department has a departmental committee, including one or more graduate registration officers, to administer departmental procedures.
This committee headed by the chairman will be constituted to check randomly a few papers of the final semester examination for uniformity of scoring & covering of the course content. A student must approach the head of the committee for a grievance on grade within 5 days of the receipt of the grade. The head of the department shall forward the grade grievance to a 3 member committee and it will be mandatory on the committee for hearing both sides (Students & Instructor) and will give a final decision within 5 days or before the start of registration for new semester whichever comes early. The Decision of the committee will be final.
Chairman Departmental Committee
Dr. Maimona Mumtaz
Dr Muhammad Juanid
A departmental committee acts with power on:
- The program of subjects, research, and examinations (other than language examinations) leading to any advanced degree for each graduate student registered in its department;
- Acceptance of credits toward graduate degrees;
- Applications for graduate study in the department;
- Determination of residence credits;
- Approval of departmental degree lists.
It recommends action upon:
- Applications for fellowships and scholarships;
- New subjects of graduate instruction within its department;
- Requests for exceptions to usual procedures;
- Cases of failure to meet scholastic requirements.
The committee reports to the HOD:
- Results of general examinations
- Grades on theses and thesis examinations;
- Grades on midterm examination
- Subjects accepted toward a degree