DR. SAMINA NAEEM KHALID
Maternal, Neonatal & Child Health (MNCH) Consultant
Associate Professor / Head of Department DPT
Institute of Health & Management Sciences, Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto Medical University (SZABMU), Islamabad
Director, Encompassing Health & Development Foundation
PMDC Reg. No. 27563-P
|2013||PhD (Reproductive Physiology)||Quaid-i-Azam University, Faculty of Medicine, Islamabad, Pakistan|
|2007||Fellowship (Reproductive Medicine)||Center for Reproductive Medicine, Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology - Glickman Urological Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, USA|
|2006||Dip. ART (Diploma in Artificial Reproductive Techniques)||Center for Reproductive Medicine, Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology, Glickman Urological Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Division of Reproductive Endocrinology, & MacDonald’s Fertility & IVF Program, MacDonald’s Women Hospital, Case Western Reserve University, University Hospitals Health Systems, Cleveland, Ohio, USA|
|2003||M. Phil. (Human Genetics)||Quaid-i-Azam University, Faculty of Biological Sciences, Islamabad, Pakistan|
|1993||M.B.B.S.||Punjab Medical College, University of the Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan|
- Ipas Project ($15,000) (August – March 2016) Integration of Post Aortion Care (PAC) Messages into existing IEC (Information, Education & Counseling) Material of LHWs- A Pilot Project in Chakwal.
- UNFPA Country Project ($ 90,391) (March – December 2015) A Study on the Quantum of the Workload of LHWs regarding the Family Planning Information, Counseling and Services in the Community (Punjab, Sindh, KP, Balochistan).
- USAID Project:Course Coordinator: “Applied Health Communication” by Johns Hopkins University (9 – 20th March, 2015) in collaboration with USAID at Health Services Academy, Islamabad.
- Save the Children Project (PKR 2,150,000) (March – December 2014) Compilation of “Ending Newborn Deaths: National Report” in collaboration with Save the Children.
- PhD Project Determine the correlation between apoptotic sperm fraction and intrauterine insemination (IUI) pregnancy rate. (USA, QAU) PhD Thesis Study (2012). Effect of Magnetically selected non-apoptotic sperm on fertilization and embryo development: An animal model. (USA, QAU) PhD Thesis Study (2012).
- Pakistan Science Foundation Project Effect of Microwave oven on mice reproduction. (Submission to Pakistan Science Foundation), In process
- USAID Project Community awareness and screening of infertility and levels of Kisspeptin among couples of Mandra/Gujar Khan (2012). ($ 20,000) Series of Seminars on “Hepatitis Awareness Regarding Risk Factors and Transmission in Jacobabad, Sindh” (2012). ($ 107,833)
- M. Phil Project A hospital study of polycystic ovarian patients and their treatment. (Thesis Study, 2003). Patients at the Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences, Department of OB/GYN, MCH Center, Infertility and Menstrual irregularity Clinics with polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) undergoing treatment were given the trial of drug Metformin and were analyzed for its effectiveness in improving their fertility rates through its action on ovulation induction and cycle regulation.
|Clinical & Research Experience||14 years|
|Medical Education/Physiology Department Aziz Fatimah Medical & Dental College, Faisalabad||May – November 2016|
|MNCH/RH Department, Health Services Academy||1st April 2015 – 30th March 2016|
|MNCH/RH Department, HSA||January 2011 to March 2015|
|Research Associate / Instructor|
|MNCH/RH Department, HSA||July 2009 – December 2010|
|Infertility Clinic & Andrology Laboratory Procedures: Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio Embryology Laboratory Procedures: Case Western Reserve University, Division of Reproductive Endocrinology, MacDonald’s Fertility & IVF Program, MacDonald’s Women Hospital, Cleveland, Ohio||2006 - 2007|
|Registrar Obstetrics & Gynecology|
|Hashim Hospital, Gujar Khan, Rawalpindi, Pakistan||2003 - 2005|
|Research Medical Officer|
|Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences / Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad, Pakistan||2002|
|Resident Medical Officer|
|Allied hospital /Medicare Hospital, Faisalabad||1994 - 2000|
COURSESPhD: Ethics in Public Health Research MSPH: Reproductive Health, Child Health, Research Process, Foundations of Public Health, Foundations of Qualitative Research Methods, Social & Behavioral Sciences, Health Promotion, Health Communication, Ethics & Quality Assurance in Procurement and Commoity Security MBBS: Reprodutive Physiology, Genetics etc.
- Ghayasuddin Sanjrani, Samina Naeem Khalid (2016) Immunization Status of Under 5 Years Migrant Children coming to Urban Slums of Hyderabad Pakistan. Pak J Public Health June Vol. 6, No. 2 (46-49).
- Sajjad Kayani, N., Naeem Khalid, S. Kanwal S. (2016). A Study to Assess the Workload of Lady Health Workers in Khanpur UC, Pakistan by Applying WHO’s WISN Method. Athens Journal of Health, March Vol 3, No 1 (65-80)
- Ali A, Khalid SN, Qureshi H. Assessment of Knowledge Regarding Risk Factors of Hepatitis C Virus Transmission and Options to avoid them. (2015) IJCRIMPH Vol. 7 No. 9 (172-85).
- 4. Khalid SN, Bashir W, Ali A. Assessment of Knowledge and Perception of Risk Factors Regarding HIV/AIDS in Prison at District Jail Sargodha. (2014) Pak J. Public Health, Islamabad Vol. 4, No. 4 December (18-26).
- 5. Ali A, Naseem M, Khalid SN. Assessment of Services Provided by Lady Health Workers’ (LHWs) at Primary Health Centers in District Quetta, Balochistan. (2014) Pak J. Public Health, Vol. 4, No. 4 December (13-17).
- Batool S, Khan IA, Hassan SA, Ali A, Hamid S, Khalid SN. Determinants of Insecticide Susceptibility/Resistance Status of Anopheline Mosquitoes in District Mirpur AJK. (2014) Pak. J. Public Health Vol. 4, No. 2 June (28-32).
- 7. Khalid M, Ali A., Khalid SN, Khan A, Ahmed T. A Comparative Study of Differential Knowledge and Practice of Health Care Providers regarding Essential Newborn Care. (2014) Pak J. Public Health; Vol. 4 No. 1, March (24-27).
- Khalid SN, Qureshi IZ. Perceptions of infertile couples regarding infertility and intrauterine insemination (IUI) in a rural population and services at government hospitals in Punjab, Pakistan”. (2012) Hum. Reprod. 27 (S2):ii7 ii8.doi: 10.1093/humrep/27.s2.4.
- Khalid SN, Qureshi IZ. Effect of magnetically selected sperm on fertilization and embryo development. (2011) Fertil Steril S Vol.96, No. 3:S25.
- Khalid SN, Qureshi IZ Pregnancy rate improves in couples with unexplained infertility following intrauterine insemination (IUI) with magnetically selected non-apoptotic sperms. (2011) Fertil Steril S Vol.96, No. 3:S59-60.
- Khalid SN, Qureshi IZ Impact of apoptotic sperm population in semen samples on the outcome of pregnancy. (2011) Fertil Steril S Vol.96, No. 3:S169.
TV/RADIO TALK SHOWS FACILITATED
- TV Show: “Human Rights, Disability & Women Empowerment” on Roze TV with Ms. Urooj Raza Sayyami, (Current Assignment), 2017.
- TV Show: “Maternal Health: Ending Preventable Deaths” on Dawn News with Mr. Mubashar Zaidi (Current Assignment), 2017.
- TV Show: “Human Rights, Women Empowerment & Gender Violence” on Roze TV, 20th December (Program telecasted on 23rd December), 2016.
- TV Show: Television talk shows to create awareness about “Child Survival in Pakistan” by Save the Children (12th & 27th August 2014).
- TV Show: Talk shows to create awareness about the “Importance of Breastfeeding in Pakistan” by Save the Children (23rd August 2014).
- Radio Show: Live Talk Show "Rabta", Radio Pakistan, Pakistan Broadcasting Corporation with focus on "Child Labour, Violence Against Children and Legislation on the Child Rights" with Guest Mrs. Sadia Hussain, Executive Director, SPARC (Society for the Protection of the Rights of the Child) on 4th January (10:00 -11:00 AM), 2017.
- Radio Show: Talk Show "Rabta", Radio Pakistan, Pakistan Broadcasting Corporation, "Interview of Dr Anam Najam, Pakistan’s first Consultant Psychiatrist with Quadriplegia" on 8th January (10-11:00 AM), 2017.
- Radio Show: Live Talk Show "Rabta", Radio Pakistan, Pakistan Broadcasting Corporation on "Infertility Male & Female and its Social Implications” with Ms. Tanvir Rizvi on 3rd January (10-11:00 AM), 2017.
- Radio Show: Live Talk Show “Rabta”, Radio Pakistan, Pakistan Broadcasting Corporation on "Maternal Anemia: Community Awareness” with White Ribbon Alliance Pakistan on 26th November (10:00 11:00 AM), 2016.
- Radio Show: Live talk show “Rabta” on Radio Pakistan, Pakistan Broadcasting Corporation “To improve Child Survival Strategies and decrease Under 5 Yr Child Mortality with special focus on Maternal Nutrition” with Ms. Tanvir Rizv on 12th November (10:00 – 11:00 AM), 2016.
- Radio Show: Live Talk Show “Power Drive Time FM 99” on “Women Health & Social Issues: Women Harrasment”, with RJ Fahad Abbasi on 8th November, (4:00 – 6:00 PM), 2016.
- Radio Show: Live Talk Show "Rabta", Radio Pakistan, Pakistan Broadcasting Corporation on "Public Health Issues & General Preventive Measures with special focus on SMOG and Respiratory Ailments (RTIs) due to the Environmental Pollution" with Ms. Tanvir Rizvi on 4th November (10:00 -11:00 AM), 2016.
- Radio Show: Live Talk Show “Power Drive Time FM 99” on “Women Health & Social Issues: Maternal Mortality: Causes & Delays”, with RJ Fahad Abbasi, 28th October (5-7:00 PM), 2016.
- Radio Show: Live Talk Show on “Youth & Adolescent Reproductive Health Issues”, on 08th August, 2016 with RJ Muhammad Jabir (ITP- Islamabad Traffic Police, FM 92.4).
- Documentary Film: Facilitated in the development of Primer for “Advocacy for Policy Continuity and Implementation” White Ribbon Alliance Grant for Safe Motherhood, by Health Services Academy (April –May, 2011).
MEMBER EDITORIAL BOARD & REVIEWER:
- Member, Editorial Board/Reviewer, Pakistan Journal of Public Health, Health Services Academy
- Reviewer, Pakistan Journal of Medical Research (PJMR), Pakistan Medical Research Council
- Reviewer, IMJ- Isra Medical Journal, Al-Nafees Medical College, Isra University, Islamabad Campus
- Reviewer, Open Access Library Journal (OALib)
- Reviewer, Dynamic Journal of Oral Hygiene & Dentistry