The mission of the Bachelor of Science in Public Health (BSPH) is to preserve, promote, and improve the health and well being of populations, communities, and individuals.
The BS Programme envisions excellence in public health teaching, training and capacity building through providingbroad perspectives of health and health-care and innovation, critical-thinking and lifelong learning skills into health-care settings.It will strive to acquire methods to propagate knowledge that will be useful for the furthering of Public Health Education into Masters’ and Doctoral programmes.
Goal of the BSPH Programme
The BSPH programme aims to improve the health status of the population, which is to be achieved by providing professionals with a high quality of undergraduate training programme in public health sciences.
Objectives of the Program
- Produce competent, committed and skilled public health professionals.
- Provide foundation for choosing a relevant Track in Public Health in future.
- Prepare skilled workforce in public health auxiliary and support services
- Prepare leadership in public health.
- Develop, administer and evaluate health policies and programmes.
- Participate directly in efforts to improve the health of the community using community-based and health systems’ assessment of preventive services.
- Conduct basic and applied research relevant to the description, risk factors and interventions for the resolution of health problems in the human populations.
The graduates of the BSPH programme are prepared to:
- Solve health-related problems within the financial, socio-cultural, environmental, ethical and political framework of Pakistan and its surrounding region.
- Design, conduct, analyze and interpret the results of relevant studies, projects and programmes.
- Plan, manage, and evaluate interventions in the field of public health.
- Communicate public health messages to diverse audience effectively using diverse tools of communication.
- Advocate simple public health interventions and practices with equity.
At the end of the program, the graduate is expected to:
- Detect, prevent and manage common public health problems in Pakistan
- Acquire basic computer skills
- Supervise, monitor and manage public health issues
- Be effective communicator
- Practice and promote professional ethics
- Conduct basic research and prepare reports
- Analyze health system problems
- Critical thinking and creativity
- Cultural context in which public health professionals work
- Community dynamics
- Health Advocacy
- Teamwork and leadership
FSc/FA and equivalent with minimum 2nddivision